Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Hot Foiling Fun for the New at SU! Blog Hop

 



Hello and welcome to my blog. Today, I am participating in the New at SU! blog hop. We are a group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators from around the world who are full of creative papercrafting ideas to share with you to get you crafting. We are showcasing projects using the new Stampin' Hot Foil line. 

For my project I also took advantage of the suggested colour combination featured over at the Global Design Project this week. The colours are Hydrangea Hue, Peaceful Pine and Soft Sea Foam.


I have to admit that I am the kind of stamper that loves heat embossing. E
very single time I heat emboss I marvel at the transformation from powder to a raised/shiny image or sentiment. It's is pure magic! I did not realise when I began using the Hot Foil machine that it would evoke the same WOW! moment. Peeling the foil back to reveal the shine on the card is enchanting.

I chose to use silver foil for my project. Following the advice that the best foiling results are experienced when smooth surfaces are used I picked White Willow and Hydrangea Hue two-tone card stock to work with.


Firstly I created the butterflies. Silver foil on White Willow. Using a very light touch with blending brushes/masks I applied Soft Sea Foam and Hydrangea Hue inks to colour them in. Soft Sea Foam for layer 1 and Hydrangea Hue for layers 2 and 3. 

After die cutting the butterflies I mounted the smaller ones on to circles. I used the Swiss Dots hot foil plate and then die cut the circles using the Stylish Shapes dies. The Butterfly Flight set also includes some stand alone dies, which I used to cut the leaves from.


Next, I used the Sweetly Sentimental set on Hydrangea Hue two-tone card for the greeting. T
here is a helpful notch to enable you to line the die up easily and there are lots of sentiments to choose from.

To assemble the card I added a matting layer of Hydrangea Hue and an embossed layer of white - I used wonderfully textured Softly Woven folder. The overlapping circles are decorated with foliage, Iridescent Pearls and In-Color Butterflies.


Have you tried Hot Foiling? I hope that you have been inspired by my project today. Continuing along the hop to the others will provide you with even more Hot Foiling ideas - you are currently with me, Furry Cat Designs by Karen Henderson - but before you hop on to the next post, please take a moment to leave a comment. We love reading your comments!

Blog Hop Index

Do you need any of the products used on today's cards? If you live in the UK please take a look in my online Stampin' Up! shop. You can follow the link or click on the pictures below of the products I have used today.

Stay safe and as always, happy crafting,


If you would like to order any supplies, and you live in the UK, I would love to be your demonstrator.
To place an order please visit my online shop HERE. The products I have used on today's project are linked from the images shown below.

Stampin' Rewards Program 



When shopping, remember to opt in to Stampin' Rewards on orders over £20. Earn double rewards from 19th to 21st August 2026.

Click on the images of the products I have used today to purchase them in my online shop:










No comments:

Post a Comment